Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Hi, My Name Is 8thlight And I'm An Addict.

This is the part where you all say, "Hi, 8thlight!"

Any way. I often find myself spending hours at a time improving my recommendations on Amazon.com. I actually find enjoyment in it. I kind of just space out and start clicking like mad. For the most part I'm getting rid of artists and movies I don't like so I can get more things that I do. I don't know how lil wayne found his way into my recommendations, but he must be eliminated! lol I also rate any music & movies I've listened to watched so I can get better recommendations. Albums that I have heard that sucked from artists that I don't like get a not interested. Albums that suck from artist that I like just get a lower rating. I'm looking at you New Danger and Electric Circus!

I have already added Iron Man (Two-Disc Special Collectors' Edition) to my wishlist! :)

Do you update your recommendations to hopefully find new music & movies?

Am I alone in my addiction?

5 comments:

rashad said...

I think you're alone on this one ace..although I will say i have an addiction to lastfm. I constantly pick one artist, and try to become the user who plays them the most, just so i can see my little icon show up. that's pretty bad.

8thlight said...

Yeah, I used to do that too. If there was a new artist that I loved I would try to get into that top spot for the artist. lol But, the recommendations tell me about albums that I may not have known.

Unknown said...

forget the recommendations. the wishlist, now THAT'S where it's at.

8thlight said...

Well, Kris the recommendation are what lead to me adding things to my wishlist! :)

Samax said...

i gotta admit, i may have the same problem...
i JUST discovered Amazon (i mean, i knew it was there, but i never had money before to buy anything), and i can see myself getting hooked on writing reviews and stuff... i read a lot, and watch a lotta movies, so i LOVE sharing my opinion... especially of stuff i like!