- 8thlight's tip for the kids: A cough that outlasts 3 or 4 bottles of Tussin, a 5 day Z-Pak (Azithromycin) & Promethazine will likely lead to the emergency room. My first trip the ER was nothing like County General Hospital. I was expecting a waiting room flooded with people and me spending HOURS in it. I was actually seen rather quickly. One thing that I am not expecting to be a pleasantly surprised by will be the bill I receive since I have no insurance.
- I'm soooo glad the Jets were able to knock off the Chargers last week. It was hilarious to hear people talk about how the Chargers have the Colts number as if the two teams were meeting in the first round of the playoffs. When will people learn that Norv Turner is . . . well, Norv Turner! I also hate their general manager A.J. Smith ever since he fired Pitt alum Marty Schottenheimer after he went 14-2 during the regular season. The Chargers should fire Mr. Smith and give his job to Marty. Schottenheimer's teams had a toughness that these Chargers don't. If they continue to rely solely on the pass and a defense with no bite at all (Shawne Merriman does NOTHING in big games!), they should get used to only being able to beat the Colts in the playoffs. The curse of Marty is in full effect!
- Is it just me or does Philip Rivers look like American Dad with that big jaw and stupid grin?
- Also, how dope is it that both the best wide receiver and the best corner back in the NFL are both Pitt Panthers? As little as my degrees have done for me in life, I still manage to rep. Odd, I know!
- Where in the world is Nikki Jean? I seriously miss this chick. She inspired the creation of my acronym, I.W.D.H.B.W. Her videos would literally help brighten my day. I could use some serious day brightening right about now. If anyone reading this knows her, please tell me why she stopped making videos. :(
- Sometime this coming week I plan to finally post my top albums/mixtapes of 2009. It would be nice if I could have that up before we hit February. lol
- I've always loved Skyzoo's music, but the more he's interviewed my love for the cat grows!
- As you should know by now, I'm a bit of a Google Fan Boy. From the moment I hopped on the Google Voice bandwagon I threw one of their widgets onto my blog (top of right column). I was hoping that it would lead to a reader or two reaching out a touching me. Sadly that's not been the case. As a result I am just going to flat out ask . . . Can a blogger get some love? Can I get a message of any kind? If you are worried about me seeing your phone number, you can hide it through the widget if you feel so inclined. You can just say hi and tell me what you like about my blog, what you don't like about my blog . . . hell, you can even shout out your own blog! You can ask me random questions. The widget is strictly for voice mail messages. If you request a call back, that can be arranged. lol
- With your permission I would like to post the cool messages here for you and the rest of my readers to hear. You don't need to drop your government name. You can keep it internet friendly with a pseudonym. Hell, my name is 8thlight. lol
Thanks for stopping by,