Monday, September 20, 2010

Music Reviews In A Minute: Black Milk - Album Of The Year

I have been kicking around the idea of reviewing music on this site for a while now.  I just was looking for another way to do it than your typical write up with flowery language or overuse of street slang.  I also wanted to do reviews in a way that would be more than just me telling you what I love, but to also give you my perspective along with that of another.  I have certain artists that I love and may give a very bias opinion on, but I want to hopefully counteract that with alternative point of view or at the very least, another point of view.  A Cali girl and a PA guy should be varied enough in points of view, right?

The plan is to review current as well as classic albums in a quick and concise fashion.  I look at the classic albums as a baseline for our tastes in a matter of speaking.  We will be getting to the classic albums soon enough, but first up Dayrell and I will be reviewing Black Milk's Album Of The Year.


We simply rated each song on the album on a scale of one to five stars to help come up with an overall rating.  The first set of stars in red, will be Dayrell's ratings and the second set in black will be mine.



01. 365:  ****/*****
02. Welcome (Gotta Go):  *****/*****
03. Keep Going:  *****/****
04. Oh Girl:  *****/***
05. Deadly Medley:  ****/****
06. Distortion:  ****/****
07. Over Again:  ***/***
08. Round of Applause:  *****/*****
09. Black & Brown:  ****/****
10. Warning (Keep Bouncing):  ****/****
11. Gospel Psychedelic Rock:  ****/***
12. Closed Chapter:  ****/****

Believe it or not, we didn't consult each other at all in regards to our reviews.  Dayrell gave Album Of The Year a score of 85, while I wound up giving it a score of 80.  This project may possibly live up to it's title.  We would love to hear your feedback.

Thanks for stopping by,

8

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It may live up to its title, you say? AOTY beats How I Got Over? No way. I'm gonna give it a listen.

8thlight said...

Yes, way! The HIGO review is coming tomorrow morning. We both gave AOTY a higher rating.

After you listen to AOTY you will agree, trust me. :)