Monday, February 14, 2011

The Grammy Awards Get It Wrong Again


Normally I don't watch award shows, but with there being no more Sunday Night Football and the fact that 70% of my Twitter timeline would be tweeting about it, I decided to watch the Grammys. I had grown tired of award shows in entertainment in the late 90's or early 2000's. Most of the time none of the artists that I cared about wouldn't sniff a nomination, let alone perform.

At this point I only check for the best rap album to see who got snubbed for a nomination. This year the nominees were Drake's Thank Me Later, Eminem's Recovery, B.o.B.'s The Adventures Of Bobby Ray, Jay-Z's Blueprint 3 & The Roots' How I Got Over.  I had no problem with Eminem winning for Recovery.

I thought it was the best of the available choices.  If I were given run of the Grammy Awards, my nominees would be:

Ghostface Killah - Apollo Kids
Skyzoo & Illmind - Live From The Tape Deck
Meth, Ghost & Rae's - Wu-Massacre
Eminem - Recovery
Black Milk - Album Of The Year




My winner would be Live From The Tape Deck with Black Milk's AOTY a CLOSE second.

If it were up to you, who would've been your nominees and who would you have given the Grammy to?




Thanks for stopping by,

8

1 comment:

BedstuyBetty said...

I'm terrible at picking top faves but I would love to see acts like J*Davey and Janelle Monae at the Grammys...