Sunday, June 28, 2009

A New Addition To The Blog: Essential Podcasts



Since moving to Chicago from Pittsburgh, I have been riding public transit constantly. Back home a car was pretty much a necessity. When I was driving I would typically listen to sports talk radio or music that I had in the car. Now that I'm using trains & buses so much I tend to have my Zune surgically attached to me.

I've noticed that I listen to music more when I'm at my laptop. When I'm on the go it tends to be podcasts most of the time. I don't listen to music podcasts because I never really saw the point. I own more than enough music to listen to what I want, when I want. Anyway, this was a long winded way to mention that on the lower right of the blog I added a podcast list of some of the podcasts that I listen to frequently.

I since I don't have cable, podcasts are kind of like the next best thing for some shows. They allow me to get my daily fix of Tony Kornheiser & Mike Wilbon of Pardon The Interuption. I wish my Zune, or any other mp3 player, would have an AM tuner so I could here the Dan Patrick Show instead of through podcasts.

I subscribe to Countdown With Keith Olbermann as well as Real Time With Bill Maher for my current affairs news/commentary. I tend to watch Countdown online, but the Real Time podcast definitely gets weekly play when he's on air.

You can check the podcast list for other podcasts that I check out. I have been listening to comic book podcasts lately. Doc Midnight kinda dragged me back into comics, just when I kinda had that habit kicked. lol

Do you listen to any podcasts? If so, which ones?

Thanks for stopping by,

8


No comments: