Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I'd Twitter That!/(I.W.D.H.B.W.)

I love text messages. I love to send them and to receive them. I hate forwards, but I love getting messages from friends & acqaintences. Probably because of the nature of my current job that has me chained to a desk with limited internet access & no real way to bullsh!t to speed the day along. Hell, it's the only real reason I was on twitter.

I always saw Twitter as a chat room hoping to start up a convo with someone. I also use it as a news reader to a degree. There are certain people/twitters I just follow online for links to news stories or blog posts. One person I won't be following is discussed by Ms. Burr for Black Web 2.0. The article is a great peek into what helps a site really take off. Apparently it's mainstream celebs. Check the comments, of the blog. I named a few celebs that I would love to follow.

On a completely different note . . . Can we please get Olivia Munn off of Attack Of The Show & get her on it? Zadi has tons of twitter tips:



Here are a couple of sites & things that I found to feed into my love of texting:

ChaCha.com is basically like ask Jeeves, but on your phone. You can text ChaCha any question and get a text reply answer.

Chikka allows you to send texts messages from your pc.

You can also send text from your pc if you know what carrier your friend is with simply through your e-mail:

T-Mobile: phonenumber@tmomail.net
Virgin Mobile: phonenumber@vmobl.com
Cingular: phonenumber@cingularme.com
Sprint: phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com
Verizon: phonenumber@vtext.com
Nextel: phonenumber@messaging.nextel.com

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

First things first...what is, I.W.D.H.B.W? I've tried to rundown the possibilities, but i'm not as text savvy as you! =o) lol

lol @ your (apparent) disdain for Olivia! How many complaint letters have YOU sent in?

8thlight said...

Well the abbreviation isn't standard texting shorthand. lol It's an abbreviation for ladies that I REALLY like. :)

I look at my blog posts on the topic as petitions for her removal . . . it's just that I don't have many signatures. :(

Anonymous said...

lol & smh...mmmk!


so here is mine..

FREE2BEE

Olivia works my nerves too, I got into G4 last year and almost immediately she struck me as...(I'll keep it lady-like)..fast! I was waaay more tech savvy than she was/is! It's like you KNOW she got the job because she's cute!

you should start a movement..that's how the got Imus fired! lol

T. Michelle Theus said...

Good info...I never heard of cha cha that sounds pretty cool.

Karen said...

EpicFu rocks! Glad to see you're a fan too.

8thlight said...

@ SolShine Epic Fu is my favorite video podcast. Zadi & Santogold are my crushes of the moment. lol