Monday, March 28, 2011

5 Good Minutes With Judah


Judah is one of my favorite newer beat makers.  He's out of DMV and I first discovered him when I heard Wale's 100 Miles & Running Mixtape, well after it was originally released.  The tape itself is one of the best mixtapes I have ever heard.  The beat selection overall was phenomenal, but when I looked up my favorite track "Please Listen" is when I realized I need to follow this cat.

I did what I normally do when I discover a new beat maker that seems to make my kind of music, I Google them.  When I did that it led me to another DMV emcee, RaTheMC and her A Mixtape About Something . . . I Think! and several other releases of hers featuring Judah's beats.  I think the beat that cemented his place in my music library was his work on Wale's Critical Acclaim, which first appeared as a snippet on a mixtape and was later inexplicably cut from his Attention Deficit album.

I said all of that to say that last year Judah put out his instrumental ode to everyone's favorite hip-hop groupie, with his free release, The Amber Rose Instrumentals.  Recently I was able to catch up with him to ask him a few questions about the release.

Where did the idea of the project come from?
The idea came from me and how sexy she was at the time. She was new on the scene, hot and fashionable and mysterious.

Why Amber Rose over Kim Kardashian, Meagan Goode or Serena Williams or any other party girl/celeb/psuedo celeb/model?
I choose her because she wasn't famous she was just known as the bi chick with the short hair dating kanye. Lol

Was that really Amber Rose's voice on the project?
Nah that wasn't her that was my homegirl from Houston Texas. She can impersonate anybody.

How long did it take you to make?
It took me a day to do everything. My MPC was so hot after that day.

Have you tried sending the real Amber Rose your album?
Yeah I got at her peoples and we choped it up and nothing materialized but she's aware of it.

What did you think of My Dark Twisted Fantasy & the song about Amber?
I think the album is solid and the song is hilarious. She has lost her "umph" because she just rolling with any and every rapper now but she still could get it. Pwhahahahahahahahahahah


Thanks for stopping by,

8

No comments: