Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Daily Show Investigates Batman's Muslim Sidekick



For a peek behind the curtain of the Daily Show you can read the ComicsAlliance.com's Chris Sims' account of his time in the hot seat. Here's a sample:


When I told the producer at The Daily Show that Jon Stewart was taller than I thought he was going to be, he responded with "That's the first time anyone has ever said that."

Admittedly, I only saw him from across a room and there's a good chance that there might've been some weird optical illusion going on, but really, I'm a fan of the show and after ten solid years of jokes about how short he was, I was expecting him to be like a more politically aware member of the Lollipop Guild. As it turns out, he's just slightly shorter than average.

I saw Jon Stewart while I was at The Daily Show's New York City studios to film the segment that aired last night, in which correspondent Aasif Mandvi covered the controversy over Nightrunner, the French representative of Batman, Inc. who is also comics' newest Muslim character.

For the rest of the piece click here.


Thanks for stopping by,


8

No comments: