Saturday, July 3, 2010

A Moment With: AFTA-1 (Part 1)

I love it when things kinda just come together.  That's kinda what produced this blog entry.  You see, Ms. Melinda James of About Her Films happened to see Dayrell's entry in regards to AFTA-1's most recent release.  It turns out that Melinda recently had the chance to spend some time with AFTA-1 and passed along her footage.  Here's part one of her two part visit with the artist.
This past Tuesday I had the opportunity to hang out with a producer by the name of AFTA-1. I’ve been following his music for the past few months and when I heard that he was going to be doing a set at SOM in San Francisco, I was beyond ecstatic. I wrote him an e-mail the night before, explaining that I was a fan of his work and if he would be interested in allowing me to shoot him and document the events before, during and after his set. The next morning I received an e-mail from him saying he was up for the idea. I met him a couple of hours beforehand, where we chatted for a bit, then I filmed his set and a few quick words after.

No comments: