Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Childish Gambino (bka Donald Glover) - Culdesac

You may know Childish Gambino a little better through his day job on NBC's Community or his campaign to be the next Spider-Man, but this isn't his first foray into music.  He's put out two mixtapes under this pseudonym I Am Just A Rapper & I Am Just A Rapper 2.  The reason why you don't see either of them on this blog before this post is because, I hated the first one so much that I deleted both from my hard drive before listening to the second.  They may have been your taste, but they were far from mine.

I say that to say this: where the past releases may have failed, this one succeeds.  To be clear, the problem I had with the other mixtape was not his actually rhyming, but his musical selections. Culdesac is a huge step up.






Thanks for stopping by,

8

No comments: