Monday, December 29, 2008

Music Social Networks Get A Network, Kinda.


As you may know, I'm a huge fan of music as well as social networking. Discovering Last.fm was the best of both worlds for me. I get to find new people who are interested in many of the same artists as I am. I swear I spend way too much time on that site. lol But, anyway I recently stumbled upon SonicLiving.com. Basically, the way the site works is that if you are on either Lala.com, Pandora or Last.fm Sonic Living will scan the artists in your music libraries on those sites to give you information on when they will be performing in your town. You can search for concerts either by venue or by artist. They will even give you information on purchasing tickets.

Also, if you happen to know about an event that isn't listed you can submit the event yourself for listing. That sounds like a great feature for local promoters in your area to use.

Basically the site is a nice way to receive alerts about any of your favorite artists are in town with very little effort. You can create a calendar of events as well as connect with fellow fans of an artist as well as a particular venue.

If you're a music fan that likes to attend a show every now and then, this site might be a good look for you. If this is something you think you can get some use out of, join me. I can always use more friends. lol

To find out more about SonicLiving hit up their blog.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for pointing this out! I really wanted a site like this!