Monday, December 8, 2008

BET Can't Get Anything Right *sigh*

It looks like they finally have a voice for the BET animated series, The Black Panther. According to Variety Djimon Hounsou will be the voice of the title character. Although the voice appears to be in good hands, the animation sadly, makes my eyes bleed. They couldn't have used the animators that do all of the other Marvel cartoons like Spider-Man - The Animated Series & The Invincible Iron Man?

Take a look at the trailer for yourselves. I also included a video of Reginald Hudlin discussing The Black Panther comic. It's funny just how close Weggie Rudlin's voice actually does resemble Reginald Hudlin's. I just thought Aaron McGruder was being over the top funny by giving the character that high pitched voice. lol I included a clip of that in the playlist as well.


4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Whoa. That's bad. They could've hired me & I work cheap!

Interrobang?! said...

I dunno, I kinda like it. It looks rustic.

Karen said...

BET is pretty much useless outside of the occasional decent black history movie.

AssertiveWit said...

really? MARVEL really approved this? this artwork sucks donkey ass!