Friday, December 5, 2008

Video Games As Art? / Street Fighter IV (Gouken)

I originally showed you screen shots of Gouken a few weeks ago and even cats who don't play video games couldn't deny how great they looked. Truth be told, I don't even have a game system at all right now. I plan to cop a PS3 sometime in the first half of 2009. But I think games have become so advanced in regards to graphics & story lines that I think they should be considered art. Do you think there will be a day when you are buying screen shots of games as framed artwork? It's probably already done to a small extent.

I could watch someone play a video, like I watch a sporting event or movie. Now, it would have to be a really dope game, but I could. I would mind watching someone play their way through Metal Gear Solid 4. I'll often watch game play videos online.

Anyway, I went off on a tangent. Here's Gouken in action. Note how you can now use walls to trap opponents. He's uppercuts are ridiculous!!!

3 comments:

Samax said...

it's only a matter of time. magazine cover illustrations hang in galleries, so any other style of art should eventually.

Karen said...

Interesting point...there are some video game screen shots that are artistically stunning. If someone was smart they'd start up a business to sell such photos, perhaps at college campuses or something.

p.s. Cool blog!

8thlight said...

@samax Yeah, it's probably already happening to a very small extent. I would love to own that close up of Gouken.

@SolShine They could sell them at any video game or electronics store. Thanks, btw!